Qiaofu Zhang, Ph.D.
Materials Design Engineer
Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2017
M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2012
B.S. Applied Physics, University of Science and Technology of China, 2010
Current Role at QuesTek
Qiaofu Zhang is specialized in thermodynamics and kinetics of materials science. He is responsible for predictive materials design using CALPHAD tools and QuesTek internal mechanistic models for several projects.
Background and Specialization
His background focuses on the kinetics and precipitation behavior in alloys using diffusion couple/multiples and modeling. His Ph.D. work emphasized the efficiency of combing experiments and simulation together in alloy design. His dissertation is titled as “Use Diffusion Multiples to Investigate Diffusion and Precipitation Behavior in Binary Systems”.
He is an active member in ASM international and The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS).
Representative Publications and Presentations
- Q Zhang, SK Makineni, J Allison, JC Zhao, Evaluation of interfacial energy using dual-annealed diffusion-multiples and KWN modeling, under preparing, 2017.
- L Zhu, Q Zhang, Z Chen, C Wei, GM Cai, L Jiang, Z Jin, JC Zhao, Measurement of interdiffusion and impurity diffusion coefficients in the bcc phase of the Ti-X (X = Cr, Hf, Mo, Nb, V, Zr) binary systems using diffusion multiples, Journal of Materials Science 52(6) 3255-3268, 2017.
- Q Zhang, Z Chen, W Zhong, JC Zhao, Accurate and efficient measurement of impurity (dilute) diffusion coefficients without isotope tracer experiments, Scripta Materialia, 128, 32-32, 2017.
- S Vivès, P Bellanger, S Gorsse, C Wei, Q Zhang, JC Zhao, Combinatorial approach based on interdiffusion experiments for the design of thermoelectrics: application to the Mg2(Si,Sn) alloys, Chemistry of Materials 26, 4334-4337, 2014.
- Q Zhang, JC Zhao, Impurity and Interdiffusion coefficients of the Cr-X (X = Co, Fe, Mo, Nb, Ni, Pd, Pt, Ta) binary systems, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 604, 142-150, 2014.
- Q Zhang, JC Zhao, Extracting interdiffusion coefficients from binary diffusion couples using traditional methods and a forward-simulation method, Intermetallics 34, 132-141, 2013.