Ferrium® M54® steel (AMS 6516; MMPDS-09) is an alternative to other high-strength steels, such as 300M, 4340 and AMS 6532, with added performance and processing benefits. M54 is ultra-high strength and high fracture toughness, making it ideal for use in structural aerospace and oil exploration applications.
Key benefits include:
- Superior resistance to stress corrosion cracking, while maintaining toughness
- Enabler of system weight reduction and/or increased power density
- Enhanced thermal stability for high temperature applications
- High hardenability for robust thermal processing
New applications for M54 are frequently discovered by designers. Historically, such applications typically include:
- Flight critical aerospace components such as landing gear
- Downhole and drilling tools for oil and gas
- Power transmission components for high performance racing
- Structural components for the energy industry
If you are not sure whether your application is suitable and would like technical consultation, feel free to reach out using the link below.
We are committed to ensuring successful implementation of our advanced alloys. As inventors and developers of this alloy, we offer technical assistance to prospective users, designers and processing facilities. Feel free to reach out to us to set up free consultation or request detailed technical information.