QuesTek uses an Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) approach and our proprietary Materials by Design® methodology to design new steels, alloys, coatings, powders (e.g., for additive manufacturing) and other materials in a fraction of the time and at much lower cost than traditional empirical trial-and-error methods. QuesTek has proven success to develop new materials and scale up to commercial production in 2-4 years.
QuesTek offers a suite of high performance alloys that span the periodic table, including our commercially available Ferrium® steels, as well as our alloys under development based on aluminum, titanium, nickel, molybdenum, tungsten, niobium, copper, cobalt and others. All of our alloys have improved properties and performance over legacy materials that have been used for decades.
Below are alloys that QuesTek has spent multiple years designing and developing, having demonstrated improved properties. Commerial availability is expected in 1-3 years:
- Cuprium® - Beryllium-Free, High-Strength, Cast Copper Alloy
- QuesTalloy™- Co - High-Strength, Low-Friction, Thermally Stable Cobalt Alloy
- Ferrium® N63™ - Surface Hardenable Stainless Steel
- QuesTalloy-Ti - Higher strength and toughness upgrade over cast Ti-6-4
- Single Crystal Nickel Superalloy - Castable, Temperature- and Heat-Resistant Ni-based Superalloy
- High Entropy Alloys - Design for High-Temperature Application in Industrial Gas Turbines