How could a custom-designed material improve your product? Do you want to increase performance/output, or reduce capital costs, O&M costs, or EHS impact? Or, what entirely new product could you create? What's the NPV of revenue your product could achieve using a patent-protected material as a sustainable competitive advantage?
Thanks for your interest in QuesTek and the benefits that our unique approach, technology and expertise in the new field of integrated computational materials engineering (ICME) can provide. The stature of our commercial clientele is illustrated by firms that partner with us on third-party-funded material design programs.
- Improve your product's performance or reduce the capital costs, O&M costs and/or EHS impact of your product. Insert into your product a engineered material that was custom-designed in order to reduce capital/O&M costs or EHS impact, or improve performance and durability. And where your cost structures may presently be limited by sole-source suppliers, our business model provides flexibility to create robust supply chains for new materials.
- Enjoy a long-term competitive advantage. While we typically generate and hold the IP arising from our efforts, our commercial clients typically obtain long-term, patent-protected, exclusive use in their industry of materials that we design, invent and develop for (and with) them.
- Accelerate evaluations of new material or new product concepts. We can often quickly assess if material design goals are achievable. We’re well-versed in demonstrating material design innovations in concise 6-9 month-long efforts, and do this routinely for governmental agencies in SBIR/STTR Phase I programs.
- Accelerate introductions of new or improved commercial products or materials. We have no full-scale manufacturing infrastructure, and no corresponding vested interest. We’ll work with your preferred material suppliers and processors and the best parts of your supply chain to quickly qualify and insert new materials into your product. Or if this material is in a new “space” for you, then we’ll work with you to identify and qualify best-practice suppliers and processors.
- Reduce R&D project risks and costs. Our stage-gate design and development process steps use clearly-defined goals, rigorous concept generation, comprehensive modeling and design, prototyping, production scale-up demonstration, and material insertion in order to maximize your company’s return on investment of time and expense, while minimizing development risk.
- Maximize the outcome of limited R&D resources. If you're capitalizing on Open Innovation or another means to leverage outside expertise and resources, then rest comfortably that you’ve got great folks working on your need/opportunity and applying world-class, physics-based computational design and development tools. Our bottom-line commerical focus and productivity is demonstrated in our track record of success and the fact that we seldom design a new material without receiving on-going guidance from a leading OEM or end-user.
- Enjoy participating in the design or application of a well-engineered material or material process solution. Enjoy working with some of the world’s foremost material design engineers to apply physics-based, computationally-enabled science and uncover an exciting new material solution that benefits your company, advances global technology or improves environmental protection. Our awards and recognition come from some of the world’s leading business and technical organizations.
- See the future better. Gain deeper insights into next-generation materials and improved processes. Benefit from the insights of our team, our tools, and our many non-confidential material design and technology programs. Leverage our physics-based, design-oriented, and computationally-derived understanding of materials and material processes.
- Keep your proprietary information secure. We work with many major OEMs and organizations. Our solid reputation and full conformance with both the intent and letter of NDAs has been well-demonstrated. As an IP-focused company we fully recognize the value of IP, including yours.